Why Lease Rolling Stock?
Train leasing gives operators the flexibility to respond dynamically and commercially to opportunities presented by the rapid development of the rail transport market, independently of long-term investment considerations.
Among the key benefits of leasing for train operators are:
- The ability to put trains into service, independently of possible changes in the future needs of the operator over the life of the train (e.g. shifts in service patterns, infrastructure standards, selection of operator, passenger volumes)
- A predictable stream of cashflows for use of trains, matched to the period of the underlying traffic flow or contract, with Angel Trains covering both full pre-delivery funding and residual value risk
- Ownership economics driven by whole-life amortisation of the trains and by the use of third party capital, leading to cost-competitive off-balance sheet finance and leveraged returns for the operator
- Ability to benefit from economies of scale, both in new train procurement and in purchasing of spare parts and engineering modifications
- Access to a variety of trains that are maintained to consistently high-standards and which often incorporate the latest technical features such as GSM-R and video cabin surveillance etc
- Access to trains at short notice or for short periods, due to the scale of our train fleet and a policy of pro-active procurement of standardised train types